The red truck is a Christmas icon, when you see a photo of it with a tree tied to the top, you automatically know what time of the year it is. When I think about Christmas time, I think about decorating, family, fires, lights, and hot cocoa bars. As most of you know, I’m not a fan of “pops of color”. Haha! My home is extremely neutral, but this little red truck is becoming such an icon, I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my Christmas decor this year and I thought the Candle Candy Jars DIY would be such a fun way to share a new way for you to incorporate it into yours also.
Whether you have a hot cocoa bar, love candy canes, or even have any amount of counter space open in your kitchen or on your desk at the office, this is a great Christmas DIY for you!
What You Need:
Hot Glue Gun
Coasters (I found mine in the dollar spot at Target)
Ornaments (I used the red truck and then mini trees from the dollar spot at Target)
- To get the wax out of your candle, put your candle in the freezer for an hour or more.
- Using a knife, slide it down on the sides of the candle wax to make sure it shrunk enough in the freezer and the wax is no longer touching the sides of the candle holder.
- Fill the candle jar with hot (almost boiling) water and turn upside down. The wax should easily fall out.
- Peel off the labels on your candle jar and wash them out with dish soap.
- With your hot glue gun, glue on the coasters to the top of your candle lid and press down for security until the glue dries.
- Then add your toppers, using glue, like I did with the trees and truck.
- Fill your jars with desired candy.
Do not open the jars by pulling on the toppers. Open the jars from the base of the lid. Use with care.