I can already tell I’m going to love the new Dollar Spot DIY series every week, so much that I wanted to bring you two for the relaunch including this embellished tassel clutch DIY. My sister is the one who spotted these felt clutches and after getting one for herself, I of course needed one too. They are so simple and plain, which is perfect for someone like me who loves to add a little flare to everything!
Felt Clutch – Dollar Spot at Target
Tassels – I got these
- I used 22 tassels on each clutch, so from the pack of tassels choose 22 colors of your choice for each one
- Measure the clutch with the string, add 3 extra inches to the length of the string and cut it from the bobbin.
- Starting on either side of the clutch, sew through the clutch and tie a not at the end of the string to secure it on the clutch.
- One tassel at a time, sew through the bottom of the clutch and add a tassel. Repeat this step with all of the tassels and make sure they are evenly spaced out.
- After the last tassel is added, tie another knot in the string to secure your tassels to the clutch and cut off any access string.