I love a good bundle of pumpkins and as much as I love fall colors, they just really don’t go well with the whole aesthetic of my home. That’s nothing a little chalk paint and glitter can’t fix though! This gold glitter mini pumpkins diy is seriously SO easy, Karsyn could probably do it! 😉
- Start by doing a coat of chalk paint in the color of your choice over the pumpkins. Let that coat dry and if you still see the original color of the pumpkin bleeding through, do a second coat.
- After your pumpkins are completely dry take your painters tape and section off the part of the pumpkin you want to be glittered. This is totally up to you based on how much of the pumpkin you want to shine! I did a few half way and others just a quarter of the way.
- Using your chalk paint, paint over the part of the pumpkin you want to have glitter and quickly before it dries dip your pumpkin in the bowl of glitter. Repeat this step with all of your pumpkins.
- Carefully peel off the painters tape and mod podge over the glitter to hold the glitter in place and set on your paper towel to dry propping the pumpkin up so the wet mod podge doesn’t touch the paper towel and dry to it.
- After your pumpkin is dry, if you need to, you can go back and touch up the paint if the tape peeled any of it off.
- Display them how you want, enjoy!