I love the Target dollar spot, so many hidden gems. The dollar spot for me is like a candy store to kids. If you don’t have a Target near you then I fully sympathize for you. I do. All of the Christmas decor this year is so cute, but very red. I’m not a color person, I love neutrals in every aspect of my home, even during the holidays. I might have a few pops of red from candy canes or other candies, but if I can paint it then I probably will. This little sleigh was in the dollar spot and although it is red I knew I had to have it. A little paint later and it was exactly how I wanted it, a White Sleigh Makeover.
Something I always tell my readers is that you shouldn’t pass something up that you love just because it’s not the right color. You can literally paint ANYTHING now with all of the different paint options available. I took my own advice and purchased this little sleigh because I knew that although it is red, it wouldn’t be red for long.
Get My Christmas Sign Here:
What You Need:
Red Sleigh from the Target Dollar Spot
Spray Paint (I used copper)
Chalk Paint (I used white)
- First you’ll use your screw driver to unscrew the nails holding down the wood onto the frame. Don’t lose them! They are very small so make sure you remember where you set them down at.
- Remove the rope by untying the knot and leave it next to the screws.
- Once your wood is removed from the frame, step outside and spray your base your color of choice. Leave outside to dry.
- Using your chalk paint, add a coat of paint to the top of the wood. I love the look of it being “antiqued” so I did very light brush strokes to give it that look.
- After your frame and wood are both dry, screw the wood back into the frame and reattach the rope. Place on display and enjoy your made over Sleigh!