With these muffins I knew that I wanted to do my favorite icing on these. It was the cinnamon toast crunch that was a total random moment while I was standing in my pantry getting another bag of flour open because I was out. I looked over at Karsyn who loves to help make messes in the kitchen and she had a bag of cinnamon toast crunch in her hands like “Hello, mom…can I get some of this? or no?” Haha! As I was making her a bowl I decided I wanted some too….in my muffins.
- 2 Bananas
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup milk in two 1/2 cup sets
- 1/2 cup of cinnamon toast crunch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
- In a mixer, beat the bananas then add sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and milk into the mixer. Beat until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Line the muffin tin with parchment paper. This is not necessary but I like how they look more gourmet in the end using parchment paper over normal liners. Scoop mix into the muffin tin.
- For the crumble topping melt butter, then stir in 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and crushed cinnamon toast crunch. Mix together until it forms pea sized clumps then sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix 3/4 cup of powdered sugar with 1/2 cup of milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Add water in small incriments as needed. You want a thick texture, so be careful. Once it’s at the thickness you want, pour over the muffins right when you pull them out of the oven. Let cool, then serve.