This recipe will make 8 mini cherry pies, you can double it for 16.
1/2 can of pie filling, I used cherry pie. But this recipe works for any pie filling.
1 can of crescent rolls
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 tbs milk
1/2 tbs vanilla
For the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Spray your muffin tin with baking spray
- Open crescent roll can and lay the dough out flat
- Separate each roll and lay them down into the muffin pan with the larger side on the bottom of the pan
- Fill each roll with pie filling, one tbsp each.
- Gather the edges of the dough and fold up around the filling. It’s okay if there are gaps in the dough!
- Bake for 12-15 min or until the tops are a golden brown.
For the glaze:
- In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
You want it to have the consistency of cinnamon roll icing, maybe a little thinner.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over each mini pie.
If you don’t like a glaze, you can always sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the pies instead.