I have been trying to create and perfect a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I could claim as The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies for a while now and I finally feel like this is the one. This is it. If you follow me over on Instagram than you were a part of this process and you know how exciting this is! I can’t wait for you to try these cookies! If you make them, be sure to slide into my DM’s and let me know.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or semi sweet for less sweetness)
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 1 egg yolk (room temp)
- sea salt (to taste)
- In a large bowl melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl with the melted butter and hand whisk together until blended evenly.
- Whisk in the vanilla and almond extract, egg, and egg yolk until the mixture is creamy and light.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until ingredients are combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes. (don’t skip this step!)
- Scoop out cookie dough using 1/4 cup of dough per cookie and roll the dough into balls in your hands until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cookie dough balls 2-3 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes depending on your desired texture. 11 minutes for chewy, 14 minutes for crunchy edges.
- When you pull them out of the oven sprinkle them with a dash of sea salt. Then allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Then enjoy!
QUICK TIP! Don’t bust out your KitchenAid Mixer for this one! Do this by hand 🙂