2 Pack Premade Pie Crust
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
1 large egg mixed with 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon for your filling and set aside.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts and cut out strips using a pizza cutter.
- Roll out second pie crust and cut 6 rectangle shapes then set on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Add your egg wash to the 6 rectangles
- Add 1 tablespoon of your filling to each rectangle
- Lay your cut out pie dough strips across the filling to create your mummy, pushing down on the edges of each strip.
- Apply your egg wash again over top of the mummy.
- Bake for 20min, or until golden brown.
- Set your cookies aside to completely cool. While you’re waiting you can make your glaze.
Making The Glaze:
Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil and cook for 1-2 min. Pull off the heat and let cool for about 5 min. Add in hot milk and then powdered sugar. Mix until all combined – add more powdered sugar if you want a thicker glaze.
Pour the glaze over the cooled cookies. Allow the glaze to harden and then enjoy! Keep cookies sealed in an air tight container for a few days or freeze for later.